Marjon Students

Students of the University of St Mark and St John

If you are living away from home on the university campus, the University of St Mark and St John strongly advise you to register with a local doctor unless you are already registered with one within easy reach of your accommodation. The University has a close working relationship with Elm Surgery.

Elm Surgery has recently been assessed and accredited as Safe 4 Young People.

This reflects the high quality standards we have achieved, it signifies:

  • Our service is sensitive to all young people’s needs.
  • You will be welcomed by friendly staff.
  • You will not be turned away even though we may be busy we will always arrange to see you, either then or at another time.
  • Our service is confidential.
  • Our service is easy to access and where you will feel safe.
  • You will be listened to and your questions answered.
  • Our service is non-judgmental.

We are situated a short distance from the college next to the Estover branch of Asda.

Once you have received confirmation of your place and your accommodation address on the campus you can register with Elm Surgery. We have a stall at the freshers fayre in September for when you arrive where you can fill out registration forms.

Alternatively when you arrive in Plymouth you can come to the surgery to fill out the registration forms, or you can fill out an online registration form/new patient questionnaire.

If you require some advice regarding the registration process or you would like some more information, please call us on 01752 776 772.

Non-urgent advice: Please Note

You can only register with us if you live in Marjon student accommodation in Derriford

Health Information

If you need advice on alcohol consumption, meningitus symptoms and sexual health then student support has a range of leaflets to help you.

If you require emergency contraception advice and you are unable to contact the surgery, you can contact your local contraception clinic telephone 01752 434 429.